Festival of the Arts Food Jury Selects 2010 Vendors
The Festival of the Arts Food Committee has selected the 28 food vendors in charge of your appetite during the Arts Council of Oklahoma City’s six-day community celebration of the arts April 20-25.
With up to 750,000 people expected to attend Festival of the Arts this spring, the committee has a tremendous responsibility of sampling and agreeing upon the menu. Committee members evaluate the food items based on taste, presentation, cost, portion size and previous sales, while keeping in mind the need for unique, diverse dining options.
In 2010, the International Food Row will feature old favorites like Indian Tacos, Craig and Carter’s Fish Tacos, and Bodacious Burritos. The signature dessert Strawberries Newport also returns but will introduce two new food items: chocolate covered strawberries and shaved ice with strawberry purée.
New this year, the committee selected several new vendors with original food items such as Sammy Pizza’s calzone and chocolate chip pizza, Deep Fork Grill’s prime rib slider and drunken fries, Café do Brasil’s chicken stroganoff and vegetarian rice and black beans, Helmut Strudel’s beef wellington and Bavarian strudel.
All food items are priced at $8 or less to keep meals affordable for families. In addition, each food vendor is paired with a local nonprofit agency, so each bite supports the arts in central Oklahoma.
Since 1967, the Arts Council of Oklahoma City’s annual Festival of the Arts has been the city’s guide to good taste and cure for any drought. So without further ado, here are you food vendors for 2010:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients