1 clove garlic
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
Half a Roma tomato, diced
¼ red onion, diced.
Splash of orange juice
1 serrano or jalepeno chile, diced. (optional)
1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaves (optional)
Using a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic with the salt until it turns to paste, the consistency of applesauce.
If you like your guacamole chunkier, halve the fruit and cut the meat crosshatch into small cubes. Scoop out with a spoon. Otherwise, simply scoop it out into a bowl and mix it with the garlic paste other remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings and amounts to suit your taste.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients