Memphis-Style Dry-Rub Ribs
My favorite ribs in the whole world, serve with a variety of sauces but don’t be surprised if you dip less and less with each bite…
2 3 to 3 1/2 pound slabs St. Louis-style spare ribs
2-3/4 cups Memphis-Style Dry Rub (recipe below)
Trim bottom side of ribs of white membrane and trim excess fat. Pat both sides of the ribs so that no meat is visible. Wrap and refrigerate over night, or at least an hour or two.
Preheat the grill to 250. If using gas, run one side. If using wood or charcoal, gather them on one side of the barbecue. Place ribs meat-side down on the side not over direct heat. Put a handful of pecan or apple wood chips in a perforated foil packet and place over direct heat, holes facing up. Have another handy if smoke runs out.
Smoke for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, then flip for the last 45 minutes to an hour or until an internal temperature of 155 is reached. Set out for at least 10 minutes before chopping the ribs.
Serve with baked beans and tangy slaw.
Memphis-Style Dry Rub
Makes about 3 cups
1 cup Paprika
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sea salt
3 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons toasted, ground coriander seed
2 tablespoons toasted, ground cumin seed
2 tablespoons toasted, ground tellicherry pepper
1 teaspoon ground mustard
Combine thoroughly and store in an air-tight container.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients