S & B Burger Joint: Where the Cool Kids Eat
S&B Burger Joint, 5929 N May Ave., Suite 106, is adjacent to The Electro Lounge in the building across the parking lot from a Best Buy – a highly unlikely spot to find a top tier burger. But that’s what you’ll find at this neophyte burger dispensary. S is for Shannon and B is for Brian, the two gents who’ve been slugging it out in the same space for a decade, offering indie rockers and philosophers respite from the Affliction-afflicted, metrosexual and Classen Circle rowdy crowds. The Electro Lounge has long been where the cool kids beer up and listen to the city’s finest jukebox, thanks to the Spy’s Ferris O’Brien, and proselytize against
In an attempt to become more kid-friendly for their maturing customers, Shannon and Brian remodeled the area where the pool table used to be into a small diner.
“It’s probably the best thing we’ve ever done in here,” Shannon said said. “Everybody that comes in here for drinks ends up eating. Everyone.”
That’s because S & B’s is serving up honest, authentic burgers on the griddle. The meat is never frozen. The patties come out with a nice crust and a lush, pink center — even the sliders. Speaking of sliders, while the Fatty is the signature burger, the sliders are what attract me. When I talked to Shannon, I found that we’re kindred spirits about burger consumption.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients