Lunch of the Week, Lunch of the Weak
Lunch of the Week: Mediterranean Deli.
Yes, this place gets a lot of love and it’s deserved.
Today, meeting with friends Chad Previch, Lindsay Laird and Lisa Janssen of Saxum PR, I let go of my love affair with their falafel, meat pie and tabouleh to try the grilled kafta, which was on special.
No regrets. Despite better-than-average lunch banter that included descriptions of shirtlessness in a wedding setting, the general love life updates and a nice contact for a potential consult for my landscaping needs, the kafta covered in a sweet-savory sauce and served over rice was the star. Perfectly cooked the portion was just right. Atif and friends use great ingredients and do things right. Now, if we can just figure out how to Saxum is going to survive once the predominantly female staff starts procreating. Congrats Adrienne, but let’s make sure you don’t talk up the whole motherhood thing to strongly and start a baby pandemic at the Waterford.
One suggestion: Fans of the Med-Deli should unite, though, to pay for a soft drink dispenser. Canned drinks should be left at home like breakfast in your underwear and air guitaring the “Freebird” guitar solo.
Lunch of the Weak: Burger King.
It could be argued that the weakness lies with me since I’m the one that chose fast food for lunch. I won’t argue that. But it was late, I hadn’t eaten and I did have a morbid curiousity involving the BK burger shot.
So, I caved.
For that I am sorry. But not nearly as sorry as I was when I took a bite. I’m 41 years old, and I can confidently say I’ve never been more disgusted by a bite of food I dropped money for. All you need to know is it’s a poor man’s version of the White Castle burger. Even drunks know how bad White Castle is, but their pickled brains compel them to eat them anyway. I feel safe in saying, the BK burger shot could bring someone blowing 1.3 down to a 0.8, meaning you’re still not road-legal and no longer raising the roof. This is bad. No matter how comically sardonic the Plastic Burger King commercials might I’d rather take a shot of penicillin than another BK burger shot.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 4703Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4109'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients