S & B Burger Joint Rocks On to 9th Street
The popularity of S & B Burger Joint is such a force of nature it’s already turned necessitated the takeover of Electro Lounge, next up: 9th Street.
That’s right, the best sliders in the city can now be had at two locations, the newest at 20 NW 9 St., directly across from the Iguana Mexican Grill, and it’s opening Friday Jan. 13. Lunch starts at 11, they’ll be open til 10ish, 11ish if the crowd warrants.
The last time I blogged about S & B, I said it was where the cool kids eat. Well, you have to have ice water in your veins and Mick Jagger’s swagger to open a new venture on Friday the 13th.
But when a concept you started on a lark evolves into a full-scale cultural and culinary monster ready to be unleashed on the masses, confidence comes a little easier. Co-owner Shannon Roper, who once opened Garfield’s Restaurants around the country, started cooking handmade burgers at the Electro Lounge to bump up ticket sales. It’s impossible to say Shannon and partner Bryan Neel weren’t ready for the response because of where they are now. But it’s no stretch to say demand has been beyond their imagination.
The new S & B looks like the S & B that always should’ve been. While the original is and always will be home, it evolved from one kind of concept into another. The new space looks like it’s all part of Shannon and Bryan’s rock ‘n’ roll fantasy. And their fantasy is mine: great burgers and cold beer surrounded by rock and roll heroes with a soundtrack to match. I’ve visited the new place twice the last couple days and the music I’ve heard during those visits is better than a month’s worth of local broadcast radio. And then there’s the backlit Kinks poster I’m going to have to figure out how to steal, not to mention the Sid Vicious.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients