Local tomatoes abound
Kamala Gamble has stolen my dream home. Wait, can something be stolen from you if you never owned it in the first place? Quibbling.
Bottom line, her Guilford Gardens home at 2834 Guilford Lane has pretty much everything I would need to never leave home again. A monstrous kitchen, backed by an industrial kitchen, an enormous banquet table, beautiful tile floors and smart wood tables and counters with Mexican tile edging. It’s like a lodge for the food-obsessed.
And then there’s the almost one acre of land in the back and to the sides that is home to some of the city’s finest produce: tomatoes that come in heirloom, early girl, juliet, sun gold, big beef and pretty much any other variety you can imagine. Squash that is born yellow, white, green and sometimes a mix of all three. Golden beets as well as red. Small, medium and large potatoes that breach the earth brown, yellow and purple. Canteloupe, sweet potatoes, hot and sweet peppers, herbs and leafy lettuce, chard and arugula. You get the picture, and here are a few more…Web site.
Another excellent source is the Oklahoma Food Cooperative, which offers food, clothing and gardening tools and equipment.
Kam also does cooking classes and dinner parties. More information is available here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients