Local, Sustainable Comedy
It’s official, Foodieism is to the early 21st Century what Coffee was to the late 20th Century. Don’t believe me, watch the brilliant sketch above from “Portlandia.”
Nothing makes culture pop quite like satire, and “Portlandia’s” assault on foodies, complete season series addiction and wireless agreements are spot-on. Congrats to Fred Armisen and Justin Long-lookalike Carrie Brownstein for serving up the topical satire “Saturday Night Live” has swung and missed at for at least half a decade.
And thanks to chef Ryan Parrott to recommending the show. Can’t wait to see what names the fowl have at his soon-to-open farm-to-fork restaurant Local, which is set for mid- to late-February in Norman.
Also, this sketch is just part 1, be sure to check out the first season of Portlandia on DVD and Netflix to see the rest of the story, which is hysterical.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4180Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3718Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients