Empanada: Spanish for Super Bowl Snack
I love football, and I love food, so this is kind of a special week for me. I’ve written about clam chowder for those cooking for the big game, and New York-style pizza and Boston cream pie for those picking something up.
But just because New York and New England are playing doesn’t mean you have to eat their food. I stumbled upon this video, which combines my two favorite cooking show chefs, the PBS icons Christopher Kimball of “America’s Test Kitchen,” and Oklahoma City-native Rick Bayless of “Mexico: One Plate a Time.” Rick is showing Christopher how to make Mexican-style picadillo-stuffed empanadas. For me, this video was watching my two favorite teams play in the Super Bowl and share the Lombardi Trophy over Mexican Food at the end.
The recipe for these Minced Pork Empanadas is super simple, and I have no doubt the result is a game-winner. Check out the video, it’s the cooking show equivalent of Ron Swanson and Dwight Shrute stealing the same scene.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients