Is Raw Foods Cooked in OKC? Next Target for Big Truck/Mutt's Partners is BBQ
Matthew Kenney OKC, 5820 N Classen Blvd., has closed, ending an ambitious experiment introducing upscale raw food. The troubled restaurant opened as 105degrees in 2009 before changing to Matthew Kenney OKC in 2011.
Restaurant officials have said the space will reopen under Kenney’s direction in the spring as a new concept. No official word yet on whether the new concept will continue to spotlight raw food preparations. Here’s hoping whatever chef Kenney does with the Classen Curve space will resonate as his raw foods restaurant helped boost the culinary reputation of Oklahoma City.
About the time Kenney’s new concept opens, two of three founding partners of Big Truck Tacos and Mutt’s Amazing Hot Dogs will unveil their interpretation of barbecue. Partners Chris Lower and Kathryn Mathis promise Back Door Barbecue, 315 NW 23 St., will celebrate classic barbecue and elevate it in the same way Big Truck Tacos did the taqueria and Mutt’s did the hot dog stand.
Mathis has already been hard at work testing recipes for the menu, which she and Lower hope to unveil is in the next two months. You can keep up with updates on the restaurant’s Facebook page. The second half of the Taco Twins, Cally Johnson, is now executive chef at Cafe 501 Classen Curve. She maintains a stake in both BTT and Mutt’s.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients