Rococo to Open New Location
Bruce Rinehart’s Rococo Restaurant and Fine Wine is no longer an island on 28th and Penn. The owner-chef confirmed today that he’s signed a lease at Northpark Mall and will open a second Rococo location there in the fall.
The new Rococo will take over the space that’s been home to a number of restaurants over the years, most recently Poblano Grill. The space has been vacant since Poblano moved a few blocks north up May Ave. in February of 2009. Before that, the space was occupied by Tommy’s Italian Grill and Interurban.
The original Rococo location is at 2824 N Penn, in the space some historic neighborhoods and Oklahoma City University where Tony’s Italian Specialties reigned for many years.
Rinehart, who has literally worked coast-to-coast as a chef, settled in Oklahoma City eight years ago. Rococo offers a broad menu, offering steaks, seafood and pasta dishes. It also features an affordable lunch menu beset with sandwiches, burgers and smaller pasta dishes.
While the grinders are great, the burgers are a hidden gem and the steaks and pasta are prepared with precision and care, the foundation of the restaurant is the crab cake. Rinehart spent many years with Legal Seafoods of Boston, working as a regional chief for the Maryland area Legal Seafood restaurants. Bottom line, the man knows crabcakes and that means he doesn’t scrimp, using only lump meat crab from Maryland crustaceans.
Rococo’s crabcake sets the standard.
Just as the crabcake is begining of the journey with Rinehart, the Midtownish location is the begining of Rococo’s journey in Oklahoma City.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4444Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4106Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients