I promised to unveil the new restaurant taking over the space previously occupied by Chicas Mexican Cafe in Nichols Hills Shopping Center on Tuesday, but was asked by ownership to delay the reveal.
No changes, but the owners wanted to wait a little longer so when the announcement is made they’ll have a clearer view of when the new place will open its doors. I can tell you among the comments on the original post, there was one correct guess as to whom the new tenants will be.
More important than news of cafes coming and going is news of the tragic death of former Chicas employee Tara Johnston and her one-year-old daughter. My deepest, heartfelt sympathy to those who worked with Tara Johnston, who along with baby Allison, died at the hands of husband/father Daniel, who later took his own life in a Las Vegas hotel room.
Tragedy like this is so hard to fathom. It’s a struggle to draw anything lesson from such senselessness. In the short-term, it’s a reminder how abruptly our engagement with existence as we know it can end. Through a broader lens, we see that without horror there is no bliss. The tapestry of our world is a balance of both. All of us eventually endure our share, measuring our mettle as we maintain composure through bliss and gain strength through tragedy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients