Ween Lean Music Machine
No matter how busy George Lang is with film and music reviews, feature stories, LOOKatOKC deadlines, or working on his Master degree at UCO, he always takes time to cultivate my musical growth. Friday, he pointed me toward Ween’s La Cucaracha album and this track, with a foodiciary slant.
Dean and Gene Ween (Mickey Melchiondo and Aaron Freeman) are what the Mothers of Invention set out to be and the prototype for what Tenacious D would become for a short time. These are seriously talented musicians with seriously profound senses of humor. This isn’t straight satire, it’s more like what a Jud Apatow film would sound like if it were music.
Thanks to George, and thanks to Ween for being who they are and giving me something to post that is neither recipe, restaurant review nor “Portlandia” sketch.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11226How to help tornado victims
- 10002At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients