Trattoria il Centro to Close March 31
After waiting out construction in front of their chic, modern Italian restaurant for more than a year, co-owners Maggie Howell and chef Christine Dowd have decided to close Trattoria il Centro, 500 W Main St. in the Mongomery Building.
“Project 180 could go on another year, so we’ve decided to pull the plug,” Dowd said.
The past year has been a succession of headaches for the urban Italian eatery, with the restaurant’s main sidewalk access constantly in flux. The 500 block of Main Street the eatery faced has been dug up, filled in only to be dug up again more than once since Project 180 and Devon Tower construction began. Howell and Dowd will continue to operate their catering business, which is one of the city’s best known.
“The focus needs to be Aunt Pittypat’s right now,” chef Dowd said. “It’s going to be our focus.”
Trattoria il Centro opened in October of 2005 and built a reputation for classic Italian fare with a modern twist in a chic dining room known for monthly $25 wine dinners, annual Tomato Festival each summer and Feast of the Seven Fishes the week leading up to Christmas. Chef Dowd, one of Oklahoma City’s top kitchen talents, said
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients