Camilya's: A Tale of Two Lunches
It was the best of meals, it was the worst of meals.
Lori and I visited Camilya’s, 10942 N May in Quail Springs Plaza, a few months back — anxious to add another quality Mediterranean cafe to the rotation that includes Mediterranean Deli, Nunu’s, Zorba’s, Gyro’s Etc. and Couscous Cafe.
Anxious was the wrong thing to be. We waited approximately 35 minutes for her falafel sandwich and my beef keftah to arrive. And trust me, I’m leaning to the low end when I say 35 minutes.
Camilya’s is a tiny cafe, so we didn’t have much to chat about other than the tiny patio. It was hot the day we were in, so outside wasn’t an option. Though we agreed there was some merit to the little outdoor spot for a nice spring lunch.
When the food finally arrived it looked and smelled phenomenal. I couldn’t wait to dig in, perhaps it was the long wait or more innate ability to go from 0-100 on the hunger scale in 1.2 seconds.
So dig I did, only to find a completely raw center to my cylindrical burgerloaf. I won’t go into it, but we politely left with a promise to return down the road.
Lori couldn’t be convinced as the experience planted a grudge in her that she wasn’t willing to lift just yet. So, I went it alone one mid-afternoon to avoid any possible lunch rush problems. This time, I went with the beef shewarma (their spelling, not mine). I wouldn’t say the food was delivered promptly this time, but that’s not always a major faux pas for me. I only pass it along for those that need speed when lunching.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients