First-Ever Foodie Film FEASTival Nears
On a cold December afternoon last year, George Lang and I were doing what we do best: keeping each other from getting our work done.
But on this particular afternoon, our common love for food and film clashed. We agreed that great meals and great films mark time and are worthy of celebration. We wondered how great it would be if a festival celebrating both would be? We agreed if anyone should host it, it would be the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, considering it has both a first-rate restaurant and cinema.
So, I said to George, “I think I’ll email Leslie Spears right now.”
Within a couple minutes, Leslie, marketing director for the museum, and I were on the phone. She loved the idea and told me she’d run it by film curator Bryan Hearn, which she did. Once Bryan got clear of the Sundance Film Festival in February, the slow wheels of planning began to turn.
About a month ago, we finally worked out the details, Bryan came up with the perfect films and chef Ahmad Farnia’s crew came up with a menu to pair with the films.
The result, is the first-ever and hopefully not-last Foodie Film Feastival.
On Saturday, the Cafe will host a tasting. Six craft beers and an array of savory sides and cheeses will be offered for $25. Tickets to films will be sold separately.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients