Top Chef: Texas
“Top Chef” is headed for the Lone Star State. Unlike season’s past, crews will move between three different cities: Austin, Dallas and San Antonio. Season nine will also add a couple of new faces. Returning judges Padma Lakshmi, Tom Colicchio, and Gail Simmons welcome famed chef and restaurateur Emeril Lagasse and critically acclaimed chef Hugh Acheson.
“Top Chef: Texas” will air later this fall. With that title it worries me whether “Top Chef” might be headed down the thorny path of “The Real World,” which once was an excellent show depicting the challenges of early adulthood before converting into a made-for-cable peep show.
The addition of Hugh Acheson was an odd, combative contestant on “Top Chef Masters,” who I fear was added because he wasn’t shy about jumping into conflict. While I understand the value of conflict to narrative, one of the things I’ve always liked about “Top Chef” was the lack of production-concocted antagonism.
Does “Top Chef: Texas” give you pause? Or are you looking forward to seeing some familiar eateries on national television?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients