Hickory House sour slaw
Rick Bayless served this with smoked quail in his first dish during the finale meal on Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters.”
I made it for friends and heard nothing but praise. I ate it all week long. Great stuff.
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 tablespoons water
2 small cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon. sugar
Heaping 1 teaspoon salt
½ medium head green cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
Put oil, vinegar, sherry, water, garlic, sugar, and salt into a blender and puree until smooth. Put cabbage into a large bowl and sprinkle parsley on top. Pour dressing over slaw and toss well. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Source: Rick Bayless.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3565Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3534How to help tornado victims
- 3145Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients