Hickory House Pimento Cheese Stuffed Pickles
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Pickles
4 3- to 4½-inch-long kosher dill pickles
1 cup grated mild cheddar or american cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1½ tablespoons drained chopped pimentos
Cut pickles in half lengthwise. Using a small sharp knife, cut out seeds by making a shallow V down on paper towels to let drain.
Put cheese, mayonnaise, and pimentos into a small bowl and mix well with a fork. Using the fork, fill cavity of each pickle with some of the cheese filling, mounding filling slightly and covering whole cut side of pickle.
Source: Rick Bayless.
Cook’s note: We used Claussen pickles and a half-cheddar, half-American mix.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients