Gyros Etc. doesn't abbrieviate quality
Gyros Etc., 7006 Northwest Expressway, might be the worst location in the city, but it also might be the best Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food in the city.
Their gyros are amazing. They come in regular and supreme. I can’t resist the supreme, which head cook Sam Mahmoud is happy to turn up the heat on if you give him the word. Take your normal gyros sandwich and add grilled onions and peppers, black olives and a massive amount of tzatziki sauce.
But the real find is the falafel. Faddee Mondalek grew up in Lebanon. He only eats falafel from Sam Mahmoud, no exceptions. And it’s no wonder, no matter how far in advance you call, Sam refuses to make it in advance. When you pull up to the old fotomat-esque building, the batter goes into the oil. Usually, Sam will toss you a sample while you wait. He also will turn up the heat if you ask.
The hummus is phenomenal. It’s incredibly thick, almost like cream cheese. It’s dotted with sambal, and you’ll find yourself eating it until you’re uncomfortable. Sam also makes homemade cabbage rolls and a variety of kebabs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3278Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3188Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3141George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients