Ludivine Welcomes Hank Shaw
Hank Shaw, author of the popular blog Hunter Angler Gardener Cook and the new cookbook “Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast,” will be in town Tuesday, Sept. 6 for a special dinner and booksigning at Ludivine, 805 N Hudson Ave.
The book takes you from wild greens and berries to the ocean and into the wild.
Along the way, in his confident narrative style, spins yarns of those that got away and more importantly how to make sure they don’t get away again. He offers practical advice not only in the preparation of game and forraged foods but also in the health risks and rewards.
He discusses how to bait and catch sea creatures from gilled to crustaceans, including tips on differentiating between those you should keep and those you should return.
In the section devoted to hunting, Shaw waxes poetic about the ethical nature of hunting, justifying his practices and making a good case for killing one’s own meat. Gun enthusiasts will appreciate his confidence with gun glossary and hunting gear. His yarn-spinning runs the gamut, stirring emotion where none was expected.
To attend the special dinner, call the restaurant for reservations at 778-6800.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients