Benefit Set for "Post-Human" Production
If you’ve been following our food coverage at The Oklahoman for any amount of time, you’ve undoubtedly come across the work of videographer Kyle Roberts. Turns out, Kyle is much more than a videographer. He’s on the verge of becoming a full-fledged filmmaker.
Footsteps from seeing the dream in his mind come to life on the big screen, Kyle needs the help of his home state. And stepping up is Carl Milam and his partner chef Kurt Fleischfresser, who are hosting a benefit at the Will Rogers Theatre on Oct. 2 to help raise money for Kyle to produce his full-length motion picture shot in Oklahoma called “Post-Human.” A silent auction, dinner, meet-and-greet with cast and crew and previews of the film, which has been partially shot, are all part of the big night.
Despite being a die-hard fan of Michael Jackson, Kyle’s a pretty cool dude. He loves the work of John Hughes, like “The Breakfast Club,” and “Sixteen Candles.” (I’m a “Weird Science” guy). And Superhero films have been a constant in his life from the good like “Superman The Movie,” “Batman,” “Spider-Man” and the X-Men series to bad like “Green Lantern” and “Ghost Rider” to the ugly like “The Punisher,” and “The Fantastic Four.”
“Post-Human,” he says, is brings those two genres together. Kyle has drawn considerable attention for his work on youtube, specifically the stop-motion animation he’s done. Kyle was also chosen to compete in a reality television series for young filmmakers, more info on that will come as the production company allows it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3753Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3593Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3185Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients