Some Changes for Diego's good, some not
When Diego’s Mexican Restaurant moved from its previous location on NW 39th Expressway to 1501 nNW 23rd in the space previously occupied by Tom and Jerry’s and the ill-fated and ill-executed Mexicasa, I was thrilled for the area and for Diego’s.
I had been to Diego’s many times in Warr Acres, loved their menu, which fused the Tex-Mex we’re used to with a full-scale taqueria menu. But the place was a bit of a dump. Great Jetson’s-era architecture but still in need of a lot of work to overcome the overall feeling that the place needed to be razed or thoroughly remodeled.
And since that’s what Diego’s got when it moved I was ecstatic. But when I opened the menu at the new place, I was sad to find the taqueria section was gone. The revised menu does carry one entree that includes four street-style tacos, but now rather than costing a buck and a half, you pay upwards of 10 bucks for four tacos plus beans and rice.
On the other hand, Diego’s is a major upgrade over Mexicasa. The space, which began as a Captain D’s, was brilliantly remodeled for Tom and Jerry’s. So, of all the Mexican food purveyors from Aguascalientes, Diego’s has by far the the nicest space.
Greg got guiso, which typically is served with more gravy. However, I got a similar guiso at Abel’s, which made me wonder if that’s the
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients