Red River BBQ Shootout Tonight
DALLAS — If you’re headed for Dallas today and can’t wait until Saturday morning to get your Red River Rivalry on, you might happen to downtown Dallas for the first-ever Red River BBQ Shootout.
The Red River Shootout Party starts at 5 p.m. in the Main Street Garden, 1920 Main Street. Oklahoma City icon Leo’s BBQ will be on the pit today representing Oklahoma versus Cousin’s BBQ of Fort Worth, cooking for Texas.
Pitmaster Charles Smith earned the right to fight for Oklahoma in a preliminary competition on Thursday night, besting Elmer’s of Tulsa and Van’s Pig Stand of Shawnee. Smokin’ Joe’s Rib Ranch and RV Park was scheduled to compete but had to drop out at the last due to an emergency.
Cousin’s narrowly defeated famous Black’s Barbecue from Lockhart, Baker’s Ribs and Big Daddy’s from Wylie, Texas.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients