The Show is Over, but the City of Light Burns Bright
The international food show is over. Five days of long hours, dicey transportation scenarios, and sleepless nights are behind me. So I want to look back and reflect on what I learned, what I experienced, and what I will take from the show.
First, I feel a proper introduction is in order. I want to tell you how this all began.
I was asked to go to this show by Barbara Charlet, who works for the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, in International Developement. She is also involved with the organization called the Southern United States Trade Association. SUSTA is a nonprofit export Developement association that represents the 15 southern US states and Puerto Rico on behalf of the federal Department of Agriculture. Their purpose is to help promote southern U.S. companies and products in international markets and to help those companies find buyers in international markets.
Videoview all videos
Oct 22Robert interviews Barbara Charlet from the Oklahoma...
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients