Save the Pumpkin Seeds for Texture's Sake
A great soup, salad or baked potato topping. Also great on top of cheese enchiladas.
- 1/2 cup raw hulled green pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chile de arbol or other hot red chile
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- Mix juice with spices until well combined.
- Mix pumpkin seeds with oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add seeds and toss frequently until seeds begin to turn light golden and expand.
- Add chile-lime mixture and stir until seeds are well coated.
- Remove from heat and allow pepitas to cool.
Cook’s Notes: Orange or pineapple juice also works for a sweeter finish.
Source: Dave Cathey
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.