Pretty Nice Little Saturday
The Pokes play Friday night and the Sooners on Saturday night, so local football fans will have a chance to plan what the scholar Frank the Tank — as portrayed by Will Ferrell in “Old School” — calls a pretty nice little Saturday.
I will be at American Propane, 7401 Broadway Ext., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the filming of the Bedlam Tailgating Showdown. You can get the early scoop on whether Cowboys or Sooners prevail in this year’s event.
Otherwise, you can check out 11-year-old chef Remmi Smith, who will host a free cooking class at Metro Appliances & More, 220 NE 150 St., in Edmond from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Chef Remmi was recently honored by The Century Council in Washington, DC. as one of the ‘top 20 People to Watch” in the country. The award was presented to her by fellow recipient and Olympian, Apollo Ohno.
Her career began two years ago as a result of her interest in childhood obesity. In addition to hosting her own local television show on Cox Cable’s access chanel, her signature Italian dressing in now in stores in Oklahoma City and Norman.
Her television show,” The Culinary Kid,” airs on Cox Cable channel 3 on Saturday mornings at 11:30. Remmi encouraged kids to take her C.H.E.F Challenge, which is to Cook Healthy and Exercise Frequently.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7284Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7178Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6931Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients