Idabel Native to Appear on "Chopped"
As Del City’s chef Joshua Valentine continues his quest for “Top Chef” dominance, another Oklahoma-based chef will make a national television appearance.
Tabb Singleton, who is currently executive sous chef at Emeril Lagasse’s NOLA Restaurant in New Orleans and a 1997 graduate of Idabel High School, will compete on Food Network’s wildly successful “Chopped” on Tuesday at 9 p.m. Singleton is a self-taught chef who worked in Tulsa before landing a job at Abendigo’s in Broken Bow. Singleton finished second in the 2006 Oswalt Culinary Cook-Off, which is held at the annual Oklahoma Restaurant Association’s annual convention. He stayed at Abendigo’s long enough to mentor chef Tim Gardener, who won the competition in 2010.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients