Advance Food Company in Oklahoma Recalls110,730 Pounds of Frozen Beef Steak Fritter Products
ENID — Advance Food Company has recalled about 110,730 pounds of frozen beef steak fritter products that may contain foreign materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced on November 27.
The products subject to recall include:
9.75-pound bulk cases of “ADVANCE FOOD COMPANY, Beef Steak Fritter, For Country Frying, Chopped & Formed, Keep Frozen, 13/12.
Each case label bears the establishment number “EST. 2260Y” inside the USDA mark of inspection, a case code of “94612-100″ and a “Best if Used By 09/23/2010″ sticker located on the end panel. Each case also bears the lot number beginning with “N0239,” which is located on the side panel.
The products were produced on September 23, 2009, and distributed to restaurants nationwide and are not available for direct consumer purchase.
The problem was discovered after the company received customer complaints about finding pieces of plastic in the product. FSIS has not received any consumer complaints or reports of injury at this time. Anyone concerned about an injury from consumption of this product should contact a physician.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall should contact company Vice President Brian Hayden at (580) 616-4131 or (580) 478-3046.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients