Julie of "Julie and Julia" fame in Tulsa tonight
Julie Powell, author of “Julie & Julia,” will be in Tulsa tonight to raise food for Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma.
Powell, an Austin, Texas,-native who wrote the famous Julie/Julia Project blog that became the impetus for the book and film, will sign and discuss her new book, “Cleaving: A Story of Marriage, Meat and Obsession.”
That book, which went on sale Dec. 1,
details the aftermath of her blogging fame and subsequent problems that befell her marriage.
Powell will be present at 7 p.m. at the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma Culinary Center, 1304 N. Kenosha Ave.
In 2002, Powell embarked on an ambitious yearlong cooking and blogging expedition through all 524 recipes in Julia Child’s “Mastering the Art of French Cooking.” She detailed the experience first in blog form in what she called “The Julie/Julia Experiment.” That blog turned into the 2005 New York Times bestselling memoir, “Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously.” Nora Ephron directed the film adaptation, “Julie and Julia,” which starred Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, that was released in August. The DVD is due in stores Tuesday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4210Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3961OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3936As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients