Countdown to Emeril: Friday's Recipes, Part II
Emeril Lagasse fans unite at Dillard’s in Penn Square Mall Friday at 4 p.m. or earlier to be a part of his cooking demonstration. You’ll watch him make two recipes, including the one you see below.
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH A TASSO MUSHROOM GRAVY
- 4 double–cut veal loin chops (12-14 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Emeril’s Original Essence
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 medium-size yellow onions, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, and oysters, wiped clean and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2½ ounces tasso, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Season the chops with the Essence, rubbing it in evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sear the chops until golden brown but not
charred, 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the heat and transfer the chops to a heated platter.
- Add the flour to the skillet and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Return to the heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is the color of chocolate, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, salt, and cayenne and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, tasso, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring the mixture to a gentle boil, and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Return the chops to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, basting often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, green onions, and black pepper.
- Serve the chops warm with the pan gravy.
Yield: 4 servings
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3633Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3584How to help tornado victims
- 3499Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.