Christmas Movie Munching
OK, I just dropped some top-drawer cookie recipes for Santa with more than a little help from my friends. But leading up to the big night, you’re going to want to watch some Christmas movies.
So here, in no particular order, are some movie pairings to go with cookie recipes for Kris Kringle.
1. Elf: Oatmeal Toffee Cookies. “Elf” is the Christmas movie the Cathey family watches on the Friday or Saturday following Thanksgiving. This instant classic from 2004 is easily the funniest Christmas movie ever made, with apologies to “Christmas Vacation,” ”Scrooged,” and “A Christmas Story.” Buddy answering the phone and asking the would-be caller their favorite color never ceases to make me laugh. This was the role made for Will Ferrell’s man-child schtick. Sheri’s cookies are sweet enough to satisfy Buddy’s palate and a plateful will empty on a single pass.
2. Love Actually: Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies with Green Apple Martinis. ”Love Actually” is the film Lori and I watch to mark the start of the holiday season. It’s the most adult of the mainstream Christmas flicks. There are a couple of storylines that would be extremely difficult to explain to the tots. Best advice is to send them off to sugarplum dreams before mixing a couple stiff drinks, baking some appropriately themed holiday cookies.
3. Polar Express: Eggnog Cookies with Hot chocolate. Sure the human characters in Robert Zemeckis’ “Polar Express” cast vaguely creepy eyes, but the action sequences are breath-taking — none of which is more effective than the hot cocoa scene. It’ll leave you hankering for a cup. What better cookie to pair than Nichole’s eggnog cookies. Be sure and read the book to the kiddos afterward. It strengthens the long-held adage that books used as film source material always exceed their celluloid counterparts.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5259Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4767Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4142Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients