Oklahoma Iron Chef Entry Form
As promised, below is the entry for for chefs interested in Oklahoma Iron Chef, which is Sunday, January 23, 2011. First prize is $1,000, second is $750 and third is $500. Six entrants will be accepted and get $100. The deadline is January 3. The fax number for entry is at the bottom.
General Guidelines and Rules:
• All food items will be provided
• Identical MIO items will be presented to each participant. A distinct ‘Mystery Basket’ will be presented in each of the two heats.
• The designated beef cut and a minimum of 4 MIO products must be incorporated in the entrée, and if desired accompanying side, sauce or garnish, to be eligible for prize money. No substitutions will be permitted.
• No outside food products, garnishes or condiments may be brought into the event.
• Participants my bring any of their favority equipment, including tools, knives, strainers, pots, pans, etc.
• Each participant will have their own individual sink, stove top, oven, electric outlets, cookware, grill, electric skillet, small appliances, china.
• Pantry items will include but not be limited to the following items:
Oils and vinegars
Salt, pepper, herbs, spices and condiments
Grains, Beans, Flour
Sugar, Rice, Pasta
• A hostess will be assigned to each participating chef station
• Judging: Five judges, in their sole discretion, will determine the winners of both heats. Judges will evaluate each participant’s entrée on a 40 point scale which will determine the most original, interesting, tasty entrée with the best use of the Beef cut and the MIO ingredients.
Scoring criteria will include:
Visual Appeal and Chef Craftsmanship
Taste, texture, doneness, and nutritional balance of finished recipe
Originality of recipe
Best interpretation of all mandatory MIO Mystery Basket ingredients
Strict attention will be given to sanitary conditions and procedures
• By entering the contest, chefs agree to assign their intellectual property rights to sponsors and permit sponsors to use the entries in any media for commercial, promotional or any other purpose whatsoever. Entrants also agree to publishing of recipes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients