Extreme makeover: Jesus edition
Most artwork and figurines depict Jesus in the traditional robes of His day, but a Los Angeles native, Eric Dyson has changed all that.
He’s come up with We Are Fishermen, a collection of “Christ-like” figurines with what his promotional materials call an “extreme Hollywood makeover.”
The figurines, available at www.wearefishermen.com depict several looks. In one the Christ-like figure is wearing jeans and riding a motorcycle and in another he’s shown dribbling a soccer ball, dressed in soccer shorts and cleats.
In a news release, Dyson said he came up with the idea after the loss of his father and Pope John Paul II, two men he loved dearly. When he asked why the answer came from within: ”I am always with you.”
He said he came up with the figurines to inspire people and let them know that God is always with them as they live life to the fullest.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients