OK, so I’ll admit I’m a slacker blogger. I haven’t blogged in far too long, it seems.
First there was the Fourth of July, which ended up being a rain-less day … talk about miracles.
Then there was July 7, 2007 — the luckiest day of the year or millennium or whatever it was dubbed.
I am thinking that churches everywhere were inundated with requests for their chapels and sanctuaries. My own church had one wedding and two wedding vow renewal ceremonies.
I attended two of the three and I think I’m suffering from wedding-lag. You know, it’s sort of like jet lag without the jet.
One event was Saturday afternoon and the other was Sunday afternoon. by Monday I felt that a freight train had hit me.
I was able to peck out my friends’ numbers on my cell phone — barely — to find out how they were holding up. They also were tired. Some had gone to the ceremony rehearsals as well so I couldn’t complain to much.
Even so, it feels good to look back on such joyous occasions. Weddings are so beautiful and everyone is typically in a good mood.
It was great to be a part of something so special.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients