Praying for China
Voice of the Martyrs’ Olympics prayer bands
With the Olympics to begin with Friday’s Opening Ceremonies, about half a million people around the world will be displaying gray prayer bracelets from Bartlesville-based Voice of the Marytrs.
There’s even a possibility that the big guy from the White House, Pres. Bush, will wear one, Todd Nettleton, Voice of the Martyrs’ director of media development, said this week.
Actually, Nettleton said all he can safely say is that Bob Fu, president of the China Aid Association presented Bush with three of the China prayer bracelets during a meeting last week at the White House.
Nettleton said the free bracelets have been offered via the Web site of Voice of the Martyrs, www.persecution.com, and the Web sites of partnering agencies like the China Aid Association.
“We wanted to turn it into a reminder for people to pray for China and we’ve been flabbergasted by the response,” he said of the bracelet offer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15916Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 15914Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11583Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11309'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10923Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10033OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7498Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6996Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6944Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6781Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients