Pre-inauguration prayer and prep
The Christian Defense Coalition has been issued a permit to conduct a pro-life vigil and display along the parade route during the event set for Jan. 20.
The group plans to display 25 large signs on Pennsylvania showing the development of life from conception until birth.
“It is critical that moments after Barack Obama takes the oath as the 44th President of the United States he drive by a visible reminder of those who will have no voice or rights in his administration,” the Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, the coalition’s director, said in a news release.
“While millions will be celebrating along the Inaugural Parade route, we will be speaking ‘truth to power’ and calling for justice and equality for all Americans.”
Meanwhile, Mahoney participated in a prayer service today that included anointing the doorway Obama will pass through on his way to the platform to be sworn in. The Rev. Rob Schenck of Faith and Action also participated in the service.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients