Joe the plumber has faith
Joe, whose last name is Wurzelbacher, made national news during the presidential election campaign when he met then-Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama who was out campaigning and took issue with Obama’s proposed tax plan. Eventually he became a household name after then-Republican presidential candidate John McCain brought him up during one of the presidential debates.
Wurzelbacher is back in the new. His recent comments were featured as the Religion News Services’s “Quote of the Day” on Thursday.
“Being a Christian, I’m pretty well protected by God. That’s not saying he’s going to stop a mortar for me, but you gotta take the chance,” he told WNWO-TV in Toledo, Ohio, about his plans to report from the Middle East for a conservative Christian Web site, www.pjtv.com. The RNS reports that he was quoted by The Washington Post.
Guess the plumber’s 15 minutes of fame just keep getting longer and longer.
(AP PHOTO ABOVE)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients