New information surfaces about Haggard
The Religion News Service — and a host of other news media outlets — is reporting that there is a new sex scandal involving Haggard and the church.
New Life Pastor Brady Boyd, according to the RNS, reportedly told the New Life congregation that the church’s insurance company arranged a settlement with a young man who claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Haggard, who was forced to resign in 2006 after a male escort came forward with charges of gay sex and drug use.
Boyd told worshippers that none of their weekly offerings had been used to pay the settlement, and admitted that church leaders had long known about the allegations.
“For the last two years, we carried the burden, the weight, of this information to protect you,” Boyd said. “We’ve been diligent, faithful, pastoral, honest … every step of the way.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients