Web site answers job loss questions
The site’s creator said it comes at a time when many Americans are losing their jobs, and some of them doesn’t know where to turn for answers pertaining to their job loss.
The site is designed to help workers understand their rights and protections and become advocates for themselves, Anne Janks, a worker advocate and the Web site’s creator, said in a news release.
The site at www.canmybossdothat.com offers state specific information to help in real life situations.
“The need for clear, usable information for people who are facing unemployment is overwhelming,” Janks said.
“We’re seeing more bosses cutting corners and breaking employment laws. This Web site is one way workers can make sure they understand how best to protect themselves.”
Information is given pertaining to situations such as:
– A teacher trying to find out if her student can collect unemployment after quitting because she was groped by her boss.
– An upscale grocery store closes, with no notice. Workers are told to take their final pay in food and wine.
– A worker doesn’t file for unemployment after his boss tells him that he isn’t eligible because he’s a part-time worker. He regularly worked 35 hours a week and was eligible.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients