Support in time of tragedy
The Rev. Fred Winters, pastor of First Baptist Church of Maryville, was killed March 8 by a lone gunman who walked into the church during worship services. The Southern Baptist church is east of St. Louis.
The Associated Baptist Press reported that the Rev. Al Meredith, pastor of Wedgwood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas, will preach at the First Baptist Maryville’s three worship services.
About 10 years ago, Sept. 15, 1999, a gunman walked into Wedgwood Baptist and opened fire, killing seven and wounding seven before turning the gun on himself.
Associated Baptist Press reported that Meredith wasn’t at the church during the attack, but has experience in dealing with the aftermath of a deadly assault.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients