Sign of the times?
Bishop Tony Miller (pictured below) found out what would happen if he proclaimed to all the world that he and his northwest Oklahoma City congregation hated church.
That’s right, hated church.
Miller, senior pastor of The Cathedral, also known as Cathedral of Praise World Outreach Center, placed this slogan on his church billboard this week: “We Hate Church …as usual!”
In an e-mail update sent out to his church members and community friends today, Miller said the sign hadn’t been up 48 hours before the church began to get numerous calls, including queries from the media, about it.
Miller said people wanted to know what the church at 7700 N Council Road meant by the signage.
“I responded by saying, ‘The key to our statement is as usual! Our desire is to be a people that demonstrates the love of Jesus to those who have believed that traditional church has been exclusive, judgmental and pious — especially towards those who are struggling with life-controlling issues,” Miller said in his e-mail.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients