Tweeting nuns on the road
TULSA — The “Flying Nun” of TV yesteryear was make-believe.
Here come the real-life tweeting nuns of today.
Calling it “Chris and Barb’s excellent adventure,” two Benedictine sisters with St. Joseph’s Monastery in Tulsa joined Twitter this week to tweet about their experiences on a recent road trip.
Sister Christine Ereiser, the monastery’s prioress, said she and Sister Barbara Austin, left Tulsa earlier this week headed for Chicago, Ill., where the pair plan to attend an annual meeting of Benedictine women from throughout the U.S. and Mexico.
Ereiser said they chose to travel on old Route 66 and wanted to stay in touch with Ereiser’s 87-year-old mother who lives in Tulsa.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients