Ministry asks for new movie ratings guidelines
MovieGuide is circulating a petition asking Americans to urge the Motion Picture Association of America to drop its rating system in favor of a new “Code of Decency.”
MovieGuide is an online movie guide to films with moral and family friendly content. It is a ministry of the Christian Film & Television Commission ministry.
Ted Baehr, the ministry’s chairman, said the Motion Picture Association of America’s current ratings system has failed.
“The MPAA’s rating system never worked really well, but it has gotten much worse since it added the ambiguous PG-13 rating,” Baehr said in a news release today.
“Parents, especially mothers, can no longer trust the ratings for movies, especialy in light of the PG-13 ratings for movies like ‘The Love Guru’ and ‘Land of the Lost,’ and the R ratings for pornographic movies like ’Bruno.’”
Baehr said the trouble with the MPAA ratings is that they are not based on standards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients