Why did Ted Haggard's wife stay?
Lots of people have been asking this question ever since evangelist Ted Haggard resigned as pastor of New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo., and as president of the National Association of Evangelicals after confessing to “sexual immorality” in 2006 : Why did his wife continue to stay with him?
Well, Gayle Haggard is about to give an answer to that query.
The Associated Press is reporting that Gayle Haggard is writing a book about how she dealt with the scandal surrounding her husband’s actions. Haggard’s public tumble from grace came after a male prostitute alleged that he had a sex-for-money arrangement with the outspoken evangelist.
Gayle Haggard’s memoir is to be titled “Why I Stayed” according to Tyndale House Publishers.
“This is my story of choosing to love my husband through some of the most difficult challenges any marriage could face,” Gayle Haggard said in a statement picked up by The Associated Press.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7269Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6212Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6004UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients