Shane & Shane headed to Shawnee
Popular worship duo Shane & Shane will perform at Oklahoma Baptist University’s annual “Saturday in the Park” Saturday at Woodland Park in downtown Shawnee.
The event is free and also features Oklahoma’s own, contemporary Christian recording artist Jami Smith.
“Saturday in the Park” is OBU’s “welcome back to school” celebration.
Dale Griffin, the university’s campus pastor, said students requested both Shane & Shane and Smith and the artists they wanted to headline the annual back-to-school bash.
Activities start at 1 p.m. A Battle of the Bands will begin about 1:30 p.m. Bands interested in battling it out should contact Rick Cordova at firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning band will be honored before the evening’s concert at 7 p.m.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients