Priest cancels beauty pageant ... nun too soon
An Italian priest recently found himself in trouble with his superiors because of his beauty pageant for nuns.
The Rev. Antonio Rungi reportedly created the pageant by announcing it on his blog.
The unconventional — and short-lived — pageant has lit up the blogosphere over the past day or so as news has spread about Rungi’s idea.
According to MSNBC News Services, Rungi’s online pageant drew his superiors’ attention and they were not thrilled with his project.
“My superiors were not happy. The local bishop was not happy, but they did not understand me either,” Rungi told Reuters by telephone from his convent in southern Italy on Tuesday, MSNBC reported.
The news agency reported that Rungi claimed he did not plan on nuns strolling the catwalk. Rungi said his vision for the pageant included nuns having a month to vote for themselves on his blog, listing their attributes such as social awareness, charity and spirituality.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients