Championing the Jonas Brothers' purity stance
Awards show host Russell Brand, a Brit of dubious character (that’s my opinion, judging from reports of his tasteless comments about everything from the Jonas Brothers (pictured at left: Kevin, Nick and Joe) to President Bush), made fun of the Jonas Brothers’ purity rings several times during the show, according to the Associated Press and other news outlets.
Brand struck a nerve with Jordin Sparks, best known as last year’s “American Idol” winner.
Sparks (pictured below), who also wears a purity ring, championed the Jonas Brothers when she took the stage to present an award.
“I just wanna say, it’s not bad to wear a promise ring because not every guy and a girl wants to be a slut, OK?,” Sparks reportedly quipped.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients