Faith and the Jonas Brothers
Brokaw’s “Five Things I Hate About the Jonas Brothers” posting on Beliefnet.com’s Gospel Soundcheck blog, apparently drew the wrath of their many fans, who she said bombarded her with their angry responses.
In her post on Tuesday, “Five Things I Learned From Jonas Brothers’ Fans,” she shares her thoughts about fans’ displeasure.
Her musings about the Jonas Brothers’ Christianity (If you haven’t heard the latest news about the brothers and the purity rings they wear, check out Monday’s Religion and Values posting) are very interesting.
Here’s a sampling:
“And the last thing I hate is that their heart throb, teen idol status sends mixed messages about their stance on purity. I love that the guys wear purity rings and I believe they believe in what the rings stand for. But when you see them posing seductively on the cover of Rolling Stone (really, who thought that was cute?) and talking about their first kiss in Tiger Beat (or Bop or PopStar or whatever teen magazine you pick up), without an explanation of what purity really means, there’s the danger that what they share with their peers is simply a message that says, “Wear a purity ring but still be consumed with lusting after hot guys.’”
Read both her blogs by clicking on the titles above and see what you think. And look for more on the subject in The Oklahoman’s Religion Section on Saturday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients