At the poles
However, come Wednesday they’ll be heading to poles of a different sort.
Wednesday is See You at the Pole 2008, the annual student-initiated, student-led gatherings that will take place at school flagpoles all across the country.
As in years past, students will gather around 7 a.m. to pray for each other, their schools, communities and the nation. Pictured above are students at Del City High School, along with an adult advisor, praying together as the sun came up on See You at the Pole 2007.
This year’s theme is “CONNECT: Speak, for your servant is listening” from 1 Samuel 3:10.
According to www.syatp.com more than 2 million teenagers met for See You at the Pole last year in all 50 states.
So parents if you are dropping your youths off at school on Wednesday and see a crowd around the flagpole, you are seeing youth prayer in action.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients